Damaged or missing goods
Even though we always handle the goods in a professional way, there are risks with a transport ranging from weather factors, thefts and not least the human factor.
When the damage is still there
It is the recipient of the goods who must notice and note damage. The recipient must always make the driver aware of any deviations and have this noted on the consignment note, receipt list or via electronic receipt. As the owner of the goods, it is always you who must produce and prove your claim. Always handle a complaint immediately and send in your complaint as soon as you have all the documentation to substantiate the claim. The more processing time you send, the faster the processing time.
- Freight control, check that the correct number of packages has been received. Inspect goods / packaging if there is visible damage.
- In the event of a deviation, make the driver aware and note a deviation on the driver’s consignment note, receipt list or via electronic receipt.
- Concealed damage, damage that is not visible on the packaging upon receipt and is only discovered during unpacking. This must be notified in writing within 7 days.
- Always take photos of the goods and packaging. Goods and packaging must be saved. The goods may not be returned, repaired or discarded before TK Logistik has given the go-ahead.
- In case of missing goods, contact TK Logistik. The freight forwarder has 60 days to find the goods.
Download our complaints form
Send this to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documentation:
- Shipping form
- Copy of trade invoice, make a mark what has been damaged / missing
- Photo of packaging, damaged goods and on the goods as a whole
- When TK Logistik has received all the documentation, we start to process the case immediately.
According to current transport law, the compensation will be limited to the following:
For domestic transport, the compensation is limited to 150 sek / kg, ie. the total compensation for goods weighing 10 kg is SEK 1500.
For road transport within Europe, the compensation is limited to 8.33 SDR, which corresponds to approximately SEK 80-90 / kg. In addition to this, the carrier is not liable for compensation in the event of e.g. substandard packaging and force majeure. Compensation for missing goods is paid after 60 days.
All assignments and services are performed in accordance with NSAB 2015, which applies except in respect of (1) the time guarantee set forth in each of §7 (second paragraph) and §19B, respectively, and (2) the duty to obtain insurance set forth in §25A. Cargo insurance is not included in our services but can be obtained by written request